I highly recommend reading this book! I’m sure this book has helped many horses and I hope we can reach even more. I wish people understood that “girthiness” is not obstinacy, it is the horse trying to tell you the saddle causes pain. Other symptoms of bad saddle fit are:
- tail swishing
- carrying the tail to one side
- heavier on one rein
- pushing the rib cage to one side
- hanging the tongue out of the mouth
- difficulty tracking up
- biting at the saddle while you approach with it.
- saddle sliding forward
- saddle sliding back
- saddle sliding to the side
- ignoring the aids, and more
I have observed the same changes in horses that the author describes many times when the saddle is finally comfortable. The e-version of this book is available for a few dollars on Amazon.